Capital Equipment Track
Managing capital equipment purchases is a complicated process with unique challenges and opportunities. Even as capital equipment projects resume post-pandemic, it's clear new strategies are needed to successfully navigate a changing healthcare landscape. This track will examine major aspects of the capital equipment planning process, including reviewing existing plans post-pandemic, prioritizing capital spending amid changing needs, and securing your capital supply chain.
Successfully Managing Capital Equipment Projects
Moderator: Scott Vinson
As once-stalled capital equipment projects resume, healthcare leaders are increasingly faced with new challenges and demands. Utilizing risk assessments in the capital prioritization process, planning for continued disruptions, and leveraging technology to shorten the lead times of capital projects can help leaders overcome these challenges, while also resulting in cost savings and more efficient operations. Hear from healthcare leaders as they discuss strategies to review existing capital equipment plans, maximize the life cycle of current capital assets, and leverage new technologies to successfully manage projects.
- Describe the challenges capital equipment managers face as they work to improve outcomes while keeping costs down.
- Identify capital equipment processes that address the priorities of healthcare providers and the needs of their patients.
- Outline proven processes for successful equipment planning – from conceptual design to everyday use.
- Examine current trends and forecast future trends in capital equipment planning and efficiency.
Managing your Capital Supply Chain
Moderator: Christine Dickinson
Healthcare leaders have faced an unprecedented challenge to secure their capital equipment supply chains and ensure continuity in both material and human capital. Backorders for capital products and labor shortages can result in costly delays and downtime on critical equipment. Diversifying the capital supply chain, increasing product transparency, and improving collaboration can be key to mitigating disruptions. Hear from healthcare supply chain leaders as they share strategies to enhance the capital supply chain, manage labor shortages, and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify the factors contributing to the current shortages with the capital supply chain.
- Describe the ways a hospital with limited resources can do more with less and incorporate flexibility in capital projects.
- Develop strategies to enhance the capital supply chain and manage shortages in human capital.
- Outline best practices for effective collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
Confronting Supply Challenges
Moderator: Brent Petty
Presenter: Dr. Claudia Rosales
Healthcare delivery has been severely impacted by COVID, causing global shortages in all sectors of the economy. Capital projects and care delivery are crucial to the economy and what has always been a complex challenge has been exacerbated these last 24 months into, at times, a catastrophic state. Join us as we outline the ongoing supply challenges and discuss how other health systems are confronting supply chain disruptions and offer insights on what you can do now to minimize the impact of the global marketplace on your health system.
- Explain actionable steps to lessen impact of supply chain disruptions.
- Develop strategies for balancing funding among project categories.
- Identify best practices for collaboration in the planning process.
- Explore the challenges of raw material shortfalls.